[sldev] Snowglobe - Reports of textures not rezzingor rezzing very slowly

Matt White mwhite at leporidae.net
Fri Jun 19 10:18:06 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Ann Otoole<missannotoole at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have not had any texture issues at all anywhere including around oversize
> prims so it seems to me like it has to be something to do with the way the
> computers are handling http connections.

I don't think it's limited to oversized prims. Here's a (less obvious)
example with a 10x10x10 prim:

http://www.rabbitglen.com/goodTextures2.jpg
http://www.rabbitglen.com/badTextures2.jpg

Look at the flowering pink tree - this one is harder to see because
the prim is much smaller. It's really hit or miss... most of the time
works, but every now and then it won't.

...HTTP connections? As far as I know, the only thing that's using
HTTP connections in Snowglobe is the map tiles. I believe that
textures are still being transferred over the UDP circuit like before.
(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)

--
Matt White / Bunny Halberd