[sldev] Rendering Limits

Harleen Gretzky gretzky.harleen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:50:56 PDT 2009

It appears to be more than just jewelry that is effected. VWR-14049 and
VWR-14146 are builds that are effected also. When posing this question I was
really trying to understand how the rendering limits work. For instance, does
the renderMaxNodeSize limit apply to the entire scene, or only to portions
of the scene? Does it apply to avatars as well as objects? It seems to have
something to do with 'spatial groups' but what are 'spatial groups'? Is
renderMaxNodeSize the only rendering limit?

If renderMaxNodeSize is the only setting that, I would think the best
solution as has been suggested on the JIRAs and here is to move the setting
onto the Graphics preference tab. Since it seems to be a little low for
those running graphics at High and Ultra it should probably be increased for
those users. So maybe something like:

Low - 2048
Mid - 4096
High - 8192
Ultra - 8192

Then if a user chooses Custom there should be a slider control to allow it
to be set to the value of their choice. Just my two cents.

-Harleen