No subject

Fri Jun 12 11:19:36 PDT 2009

Unicode
Use UTF-8 for all string serialization and communication between
processes. Do not use UTF-16 except when interfacing with Win32.

Is that still accurate? That doesn't sound like unicode support at all.

I know "unicode" support exists. In some places. But I also know that
there's a lot of places where only limited character sets are allowed
-- not even to the level of UTF-8. Like, in the description of a prim,
there's pieces missing out of the character list, like the pipe.

I did some experimentation with the description field... Lemme see if
I documented that somewhere.

Nope. This is all I got. "The largest consecutive segment of usable
ASCII in [the description field] is [92 characters], ASCII 32 (space)
through ASCII 124 ({). The pipe (|) when stored in a description, gets
stored as a question mark/invalid character."

Don't have time to throw out a bunch of experimentation or I'd help
out more. I'm just a scripter, so I don't know how much I could tell
from actual code. I'd have to do inworld tests to see what fields
support what characters.

-Stickman