[sldev] CURL error 60 with gnutls 2.6.4

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 02:50:13 PST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 6:54 AM,
<lists.secondlife.com at trap.wereanimal.net> wrote:
> This is just a heads up on a problem that I found.

> After a couple hours tracing the problem down, it turns out that when I
> downgraded to gnutls 2.6.3, the error went away. gnutls was upgraded to 2.6.4
> the day before.

Ah thanks,

Someone using the omvviewer source had been having this trouble too
and i was scratching my head as to why as i could not reproduce on my
system because i do not use gnutls curl which leads to another
point...

Do you get viewer hickups and pauses from this curl configuration, We
have found and verified that curl that is not linked with libc-ares
and configured with --non-blocking can pause frames for up to 100s of
ms whist DNS blocks. It appeared to be that the libc-ares/non-blocking
was not possible when linking with gnutls and required openssl.

Robin