[sldev] Inventory caps

Suzy Deffeyes suzyq at pobox.com
Sat Mar 7 07:17:07 PST 2009

I've been looking at the inventory related caps in the viewer.

FetchInventory
WebFetchInventoryDescendents
FetchLib
FetchLibDescendents

Does this code work in the viewer if a grid has it enabled? I tried Agni and
Aditi, but did not get them as caps. Is there a test grid I could try?

WebFetchInventoryDescendents - Is this the same as FetchInventoryDescendents
was? If not, how is it different?

in  LLInventoryModel::bulkFetch(), I find a uuid being sent as a string
folder_sd["folder_id"]        = LLUUID::null.asString();
Why in this one special case is it a string unstead of UUID? Also, it looks
like the null UUID has special meaning of "Lost" items. Is this correct?

In ll_permissions_from_sd(), masks are being done using strings (since LLSD
has no uint), and the mask in LLSaleInfo::fromLLSD() is done as a binary.
Shouldn't all masks use consistent handling (or update LLSD to handle
uints).

ll_pretty_print_sd - when I print something that contains the null UUID, why
does pretty print do it as <uuid /> instead of printing the actual UUID.
Where does this special case occur, and is it a change in the bits sent to
the region, or is it limited to functionality in the pretty print?

Also, since I don't know of a test grid where these Inventory caps are
deployed, I can't learn by looking at the traffic back and forth. My
mechanism for defining what they can send/receive is limited to wading
through code.  Is there an easier way to do this that I am not aware of?

Sorry for the laundry list of questions.
Thanks
Suzy Deffeyes/Pixel Gausman
IBM