[sldev] gstreamer

Geneko Nemeth kakurady at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 04:51:44 PDT 2009

I have been playing with Pulseaudio 0.9.14 on Ubuntu Jaunty Alpha
(because SLVoice tend to freeze the version 0.9.10 shipped with
Intrepid). UI Sound and wind effects are working, but often SLVoice can
use more CPU than Second Life client itself. (With the client window
focused, even. That just spells lag.) And sometimes, SLVoice would also
appear to freeze, leaving me to figure out why my voice won't transmit.

As an aside, while Pulseaudio is one of the ways to go, it is still
immature.

GCat/Kaku

于 2009年03月12日 17:03, Jan Ciger 写道: