[sldev] Group voting is going to be removed?

ordinal.malaprop at fastmail.fm ordinal.malaprop at fastmail.fm
Sun Mar 22 12:01:54 PDT 2009

On 22 Mar 2009, at 18:57, Soft wrote:

> There are queries such as checking each group for active proposals
> that, as currently implemented, create load even if the feature isn't
> used. It's like 80,000 systems hanging off a mailserver. Even if no
> mail is being sent, that server isn't idle.

I see the point with voting - it really isn't used a lot at all in my
experience, though it is a useful function when it is - but can I ask
whether there is a specific current push to fix _other_ group
functions which create immense load and don't work very well? I'm sure
you'd agree that, say, group chat is a bit of a horror.