[sldev] Added streaming info for Linux, Windows/Mac version needed

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Thu Mar 26 11:53:58 PDT 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:29:16 -0500, Soft wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Dale Glass <dale at daleglass.net> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I made a small patch to display the title of the currently playing song in
> > the chat log. I only use SL on Linux, so only a gstreamer implementation is
> > included so far.
> >
> > Pretty much all that's needed is to add the required code to
> > llmediaimplquicktime.cpp, and then call:
> >
> > LLMediaEvent event(self, song_title);
> > self->getEventEmitter().update( &LLMediaObserver::onMediaTitleChange,
> > event);
> >
> > Criticism of the idea and the implementation would be appreciated.
> > Currently I stuck the title announcing code into lloverlaybar.cpp, but
> > that's probably not the best place for it.
>
> This is an *awesome* idea - would be great to have this for all platforms!

Awesome ?...  Hmmm... Yes, *as long as* it can be easily *disabled* via a
setting in the preferences floater, because, as a role-player, I *hate*
having "spam" polluting the chat log (and there is enough such spam already
with all the notices that go there: I hope that sometime in the future, the
viewer will gain its own notices log floater and that the chat log will
only hold actual chat lines).

Henri.