[sldev] Bug in LLTextureCacheRemoteWorker::doRead ?

Sheet Spotter sheet.spotter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 18:57:13 PDT 2009

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:47 AM -0700, Philippe Bossut (Merov
> Linden) wrote:
> It seems this header is simply the first kilo byte chunk of data from
> the file and mOffset is the size of the whole metadata chunk in the
> file (could be less or more than 1 kbyte).

I had a simpler understanding for the first 600 bytes being stored in a
special file where every record is a fixed size...

Every texture download starts with a packet of 600 bytes of data (or less?).
It's this first packet that is stored in a special file.

Any additional packets that are required to describe the rest of the texture
are stored in a separate external file. The external file continues from
where the first 600 byte packet ended.

The wiki entry that describes the texture cache describes the 600 byte
entries as "first 600 bytes of .j2c file".
	http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Texture_cache

Sheet Spotter