[sldev] Added streaming info for Linux, Windows/Mac version needed

Ricky kf6kjg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:55:42 PDT 2009

Well, if the user wanted background music... They could just load up their
favorite media player.

Yet I understand that playing a stream in-viewer which can be interrupted by
parcel music would have a cleaner interface.  No dual streams for instance.
But then, are we adding too much?  Does the SL viewer also need to be a
media player?  After all, the next logical step from user-configurable
default streams is user playlists and files...  VLC does all that for me
quite nicely...

However...  Maybe the viewer could export a file, or server port, that was a
copy of the stream from the current parcel media server?  This way I could
point my favorite media player at that location and have it handle the
selecting another track when the stream stops.

Ricky
aka Cron Stardust