[sldev] Anyone from the time of Dynamic Reflections still here?

Colin Kern colin.kern at gmail.com
Tue May 5 18:15:28 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 5:39 AM, Tateru Nino <tateru.nino at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was recently shown some dynamic reflections in SL from a bit of shader
> hackery. And not very complicated hackery, I was led to understand. A
> perfect mirror was implemented.

If you're referring to what I've seen, it was done by building a house
on its side, and then having the water level be where the mirror was,
then using the water reflections to act as a mirror.  He changed the
water settings to remove ripples and things like that.  So it's not
really a useful trick to make reflective things.

Colin