[sldev] Mercurial question

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Wed May 6 13:12:31 PDT 2009

Mike Monkowski schrieb:
> I had a look at the Mercurial (Hg) repository at
> http://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/http-texture/ and I can't figure out how
> to get to the diff display, the equivalent of Revision Log->View Changes
> on SVN Trac, the page that shows the changes in red, green, and white.
> Does such a thing exist with Hg?

    * Click the "Changesets" tab (or go to
      http://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/http-texture/changesets)
    * Click either
          o the description of a changeset
            or
          o its commit ID (you'll get to e.g.
            http://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/http-texture/changeset/3c780aa6735e/)
    * Scroll down until you're past the list of changed files.

I don't know if there's something similar on the bitbucket page for
several changesets at once (e.g. the whole log or diff between to
specific revisions), but you can always generate the specific diff you
want from a local repository and color it by piping it through colordiff
(see http://colordiff.sourceforge.net/ ; As it's a just perl script I
guess it should work on Windows, too, maybe with cygwin).

Though it doesn't seem to have any functionality the bitbucket page
hasn't, have a look at *hg serve -v* (see
http://hgbook.red-bean.com/read/collaborating-with-other-people.html#sec:collab:serve)

I hope this helps
Boroondas