[sldev] VWR-10311 Enabling lip sync by default

Melinda Green melinda at superliminal.com
Wed May 6 16:38:25 PDT 2009

Not only should animals startle, but so should other avatars. There's a
wonderfully rich mechanism controlling avatar attention which you might
notice causes avatars to look at people and things based on various
events. When a nearby avatar types, there is currently a 50/50 chance
that your avatar will look at them (assuming you're not focused on
something considered to be more important). It often struck me as
unfortunate that this system did not also apply to voice and other sound
events. Of course this ability will encourage griefers to trigger this
to get virtual attention, but that's a different problem. If a bomb goes
off near me, I want my avatar to look that way even if I'm annoyed. It
just looks silly when avatars carry on their conversations as if nothing
had happened.

-Melinda