[sldev] Let's stay focused on getting a release out

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Wed May 6 17:59:08 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

There are now three open JIRA tasks associated with the lipsync issue:

"Enable LipSync by default"
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-10311

"Create preference for toggling lip sync in Preferences"
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-13260

"Characterize performance impact of lipsync feature"
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-13263

As near as I can tell, all of the current discussion could be slotted
into one of those three JIRA tasks, so I'd request that any further
discussion on this issue occur there.  It's alright to reraise the issue
on this list once every couple of days, but please let's not resume the
level of back-and-forth that we've had so far.  The conclusion we've
reached is yes, turn it on by default, but only after we have a patch
that implements VWR-13260.  I don't think there's anything more to be
said about the performance impact of this feature, but if there is,
let's finalize that in VWR-13263.

On the topic of build 2220 (see my earlier mail):  has anyone tried it?
What is your experience with it?

Rob