[sldev] VWR-12775 : Race condition avoidance patch

Philippe Bossut (Merov Linden) merov at lindenlab.com
Thu May 7 19:10:39 PDT 2009

Hi guys,

That one is such a sucker! I spent some time on it this afternoon and,
reading back through Robin's comment and using my recently gained
understanding of the llimageworker thread (acquired through the
writing of llimageworker_test... hurray for unit tests!... :) ) I
think I have a solution to that bug. At least, I wasn't able to repro
the crash at all as might as I tried.

I committed the patch (svn 2232) but *did not* triggered the builds so
that it gives you time to look into it and weight on the JIRA.
Everything is in place to trigger the builds and, if you really don't
like it, we can always roll that one back (it's a 1 liner).

Let me know what you think.

Special thanks BTW on that one to Robin, Khyota, Techwolf and Michael
for their help (we're not done yet though guys :) )

Cheers,
- Merov