[sldev] Building the client for Fedora 11

Mike Dickson mike.dickson at hp.com
Wed May 13 15:14:03 PDT 2009

Fedora 11 (in RC now, about a week to release) has upgraded to Firefox
3.5 and blows up fairly quickly with an unresolved symbol error:

bin/do-not-directly-run-secondlife-bin: /home/mdickson/Applications/SecondLife-i686-1.22.11.113941/app_settings/mozilla-runtime-linux-i686/libfreebl3.so: version `NSSRAWHASH_3.12.3' not found (required by /lib/libcrypt.so.1)

How plausible is a build from sources using the native libraries as a
fix to this?  Or is the mozilla runtime dependencies in the SL tree
looking for this specific version?  I've not waded into the client up to
now but sometime in the future I'd like to upgrade to F11 and it would
be nice to help squash this...

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Mike