[sldev] Give easybuild-2 a whirl

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Wed May 20 12:56:07 PDT 2009

Hi all,

It looks like easybuild-2 is getting close to ready for primetime (at
least to me)

Build instructions are reasonably straightforward (at least on Ubuntu
8.10).  You *should* be able to just do the following:

1.  Check out the easybuild-2 branch:
svn co https://svn.secondlife.com/svn/linden/projects/2009/easybuild-2
2.  Grab the artwork and the libs and unpack them in the right place

Now there's a split depending on whether or not you like GUIs

GUI:
3.  Run cmake-gui
4.  Pick your source dir to be the indra directory of your source tree
5.  Pick your binary dir to be some place where you don't mind having a
gazillion .o files laying around
6.  Click "Configure"
7.  Review the defaults
8 . Click "Generate"
8.  Now use your tool of choice to build from indra (or type "make")

Command line
3.  cd indra
4.  cmake .
(optionally put the -D option to specify your target binary
directory....I'll let someone else here chime in with exact syntax)
5.  make

These instructions probably grossly oversimplify things.  I wasn't
installing on a clean machine, so there's probably all sorts of prep
work I'm glossing over.  If you're new to building the viewer, you'll
probably want to consult the build instructions here:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Get_source_and_compile

However, we'd appreciate it if the more adventurous among you would give
this branch a shot.

Thanks
Rob