[sldev] Testing Snowglobe

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Thu May 21 12:31:12 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

We have a number of test plans here:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Test_Scripts

If we could be assured that all of these tests were run in each
development cycle, we could feel pretty good that Snowglobe has been put
through the paces.  Is this an activity that people here would be
interested in helping out with if we could figure out the right way to
coordinate the activity (e.g. avoiding duplication of effort, giving
guidance on priority of testing, etc)

Additionally, for the new patches that come in, we have great test plans
that it's not clear anyone other than probably the original developer
ran through.  See here for a great example:
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-8008

Of course, this may not be a necessary precondition to feeling good
about a Snowglobe release.  However, it seems like we should figure out
a testing threshold that we need to clear before declaring a release
"done" and moving on to the next release.  What should that bar be?

I'm going to add this to the agenda for the open source meeting later
today (2pm PDT):
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-8008

Rob