[sldev] Anyone here with OpenCV experience?

Tigro Spottystripes tigrospottystripes at gmail.com
Thu May 21 20:52:07 PDT 2009

(resending because I didn't got the confirmation msg from the list after
I sent this the first time)

according to Wikipedia:
"At NaturalPoint's request, FreeTrack project members removed the
strings from the software they provide to end users. FreeTrack then
implemented a workaround which creates a local copy of these strings
from the client software when used with TrackIR Enhanced titles.
FreeTrack project members argue that copyright is not violated in this
case since it may fall under the provision of 17 U.S.C. § 117 "

Though it then follows mentioning that more recent versions of the
TrackIR software uses encryption to communicate with games and such to
try to kick Freetrack out of the way again, but there are workarounds to
make some of the new programs be compatible with Freetrack again.

I have no experience with TrackIR's own programs, but you mentioned that
you can't look left without having the monitor be out of your field of
view, Freetrack can map all the axis, so you can look left without
having to use mirrors to see the monitor, you can actually look 180
degrees or more without ever moving anything bellow the neck and still
keep the monitor in plain sight easily, hell, you can look to the bottom
of the screen and have the view go past showing your avatar feet and
seeing what is behind you upside down :P

ps:extreme pitch angles tend to be restricted in many engines, either
for arbitrary reasons or for technical ones, like gimbal lock and such)