[sldev] Anyone here with OpenCV experience?

Dzonatas Sol dzonatas at gmail.com
Thu May 21 21:58:16 PDT 2009

Celierra Darling wrote:
> Yet another take includes mouth and eye movements, etc. like that
> Logitech demo.� I agree that this would be very nice, but this seems
> like it'd need server-side support too to be useful, and maybe it's
> outside the scope of what was intended....

As long as the maximum number of combined animations that play at once
is not reached, there would not be a need to immediately change the
server side.

Some of this basic implementation could be started with LSL just to get
the right generic animations.

The next version could easily be done on the viewer side to play
multiple gestures made up of the generic animations mentioned above.

Chat: /headtiltleft /blink /smile

Next step would be to hook up a the device driver and have it send one
of these chat messages to the viewer.

Once everything works correctly, then we can optimize it for more
advanced uses with better interfaces. Need to start simple and generic,
but not to simple.

I'm already writing code that *can* easily make this happen now, if
anybody is interested:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Alternate_viewers#MonoVida_Studio