[sldev] Anyone here with OpenCV experience?

Philip Rosedale philip at lindenlab.com
Fri May 22 10:50:52 PDT 2009

Good conversation, overall confirms the direction we've been thinking.
OK, so I put up a new page in the wiki which is a project page for the
specific work we're thinking of doing next:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Gesture_Recognition

We have an intern starting at beginning of June who will work on this
project.  It would be fabulous if someone here wants to do a patch for
Snowglobe that does the viewer side of this (see doc), which is to
listen for local network packets and trigger gestures and set lookAt
based on the contents of those packets.  That would allow us to have the
intern focus totally on the recognition/analysis app, and would also
allow folks in the community who want to play with other hardware or
analysis algorithms to do so.

avatar nod, shake its head, and look around in response to what a
commodity webcam can see.

Philip