[sldev] Give easybuild-2 a whirl

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Sat May 23 15:24:09 PDT 2009

Rob Lanphier schrieb:
> However, we'd appreciate it if the more adventurous among you would give
> this branch a shot.
Building looks fine on gentoo (tried the command line way), except I
still have to delete the auto-downloaded libs mentioned in
http://imprudenceviewer.org/wiki/How_to_compile#Removing_Bad_Libraries_on_Gentoo_Linux,
but I have to do that for all CMake based SL branches, anyway.

The resulting viewer seems to crash a bit more often than
http://secondlife.com/developers/opensource/downloads/2009/http-texture/2283/SecondLife-i686-1.23.2.2283.tar.bz2.
I guess not all recent fixes have been merged into easy-build-2 yet,
have they?

cheers
Boroondas

PS: Should we try out-of-source-tree builds, yet? If so, where should
the libs and artwork archives be unpacked to? (I'd think to the build
tree, not the source tree ... but what about the files outside of
./linden/indra/ ?)