[sldev] [HELP] C++ newbie needs help with first compilation

Gordon Wendt GordonWendt at gmail.com
Mon May 25 23:17:05 PDT 2009

I'd suggest starting out by trying to follow the instructions at
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_the_Viewer_(MSVS2008)<http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_the_Viewer_%28MSVS2008%29>although
note the warning at the top of the page.  I'm not sure if that's
still relevant though.

I wish you the best of luck btw, I have tried and failed several times on my
attempts to build the viewer from scratch, the phrase "Abandon all hope all
ye who enter here" is fitting.

-Gordon Wendt