[sldev] Yeah for Second Life 1.23.2 (2324)

Philippe Bossut (Merov Linden) merov at lindenlab.com
Thu May 28 13:41:30 PDT 2009

Hi Lawson,

On May 28, 2009, at 1:28 PM, Lawson English wrote:
> There was a discussion today in one of the scripter's groups about
> accessing the map textures from LSL. Will it be/is it
> possible to use the http texture URLs directly from LSL to put the
> maps in-world?

I'm not an LSL scripter but my understanding is that you cannot fetch
asset using http get in LSL (for plenty of reason including security).
As such, it's not possible to fetch map tiles from LSL.

That being said, the map tiles organization and access methods are
publicly documented on the wiki:
	https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Webmap_AP

The way to build the http string to access the map tile you want is
specifically described here:
	https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/
Webmap_API#Accessing_map_images_directly

Cheers,
- Merov