[sldev] Yeah for Second Life 1.23.2 (2324)

Opensource Obscure open at autistici.org
Fri May 29 05:18:12 PDT 2009

On Thu, 28 May 2009 22:24:19 -0700, "Philippe Bossut (Merov Linden)"
<merov at lindenlab.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On May 28, 2009, at 7:26 PM, Opensource Obscure wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 May 2009 15:29:22 -0700 (PDT), Ann Otoole
>> <missannotoole at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> I have noticed I have one oddity. I have a tree Cel Edman made out of
>> some
>>> type of sculpty. In this version it shows up as a black oval
>>
>> that prim loaded a bit slower than other sculpted prims in the same
>> place,
>> but I could see it correctly after a few seconds (<10).
>
> I wasn't as lucky and these sculpties never updated for me. Hmmm...
> Something to drill further.

I tried again today 15-20 times and I had mixed results.

It appears to me that the tree sculpted prim never loads, when you
login after clearing cached. But then, if you log out and relog in,
without clearing cache, it loads - slowly but in a reasonable time;
it also loads if you teleport away and come back.

However, I had mixed results with the leaves prim, that often
didn't rez at all.

During one of these tests the viewer froze. After 1 minute of
total freezing I had to kill the process [*]. When I relogged I
experienced http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-8215 ("Linux &
Windows: After login, sometimes Mouse steering on avatar and HUDs
don't work"). VWR-8215 happened also in a couple of following
sessions.

[*] If I rememeber correctly, the crash logger didn't worked here.

Later I logged in again, and my avatar looked OK. I then switched
to other applications - after some minutes I got back to SL and
I got http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-3282
("Clothing texture being replaced by a capture of my screen")

ciao
Opensource Obscure