[sldev] Asset bundle downloader (public_fetch_tarballs.py)

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Sun May 31 17:31:08 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

As a little weekend coding project, I decided to write a downloader for
the asset URLs listed in doc/asset_urls.txt

This has been done many times before as shell scripts and such, but I
wanted to write something that doesn't require Cygwin, doesn't rely on
symlinks to make the "linden" thing work, and generally works similarly
to install.py so that it'll drop right into our build process should we
decide to integrate it.  So, here's the first version (attached).

I'm going to check this into the "scripts" directory after a little more
testing and fiddling around.

If you'd like to offer feedback on this, or just get into a bikeshed
argument about the name before I check it in, please do so here:
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-13787

Rob