[sldev] Summary of the Snowglobe test sprint

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Wed Nov 4 16:38:14 PST 2009

Hi folks,

Just wanted to do a rollup of the Snowglobe 1.2 test sprint we ran
yesterday.  We had a nice turnout (I didn't count, but I'd say there
was somewhere between 10-12 of us).

The results are summarized here:
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-280

...but here's the summary of the summary:
1. Ardy ran into SNOW-14 still seems to be a problem.
2. Ardy also hit a problem with search, where it  sometimes results in
media plugin failure, but couldn't consistently reproduce it.  Anyone
willing to hammer on that and help narrow it down?
3.  Thickbrick found a couple issues switching between tabs with Alt+Arrow:
      o In Communicate window, gets stuck on Contacts
      o In Search, gets stuch on Showcase
      TODO: compare to 1.23 results for there 2 cases (anyone wanna
help with that?)
4.  Silver Key testsed prefs and UI, but didn't get around to testing
these:  set home here, teleport home, buy L$, About Land,
Region/Estate, Debug Settings, Admin Menu. Anyone want to try these?
5.  Silver also found a bug: friends list: grant modify rights toggle:
if you enable it, you have to approve the "Do you really ...?" window
twice (windows build).  Is this one already known, or does it need to
get into JIRA?  Anyone want to file it?
6.  Pixel found http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-338 , where
Snowglobe fails to launch SLURLs correctly, showing "No Media Plugin
was found to handle the 'none/none' mime type".  I wasn't able to
repro on Mac, but I suspect it's a Windows problem if it is a problem.
 Anyone want to test my theory?
7.  Several folks noticed problems with the Translate pref panel
(SNOW-336) which should already be fixed in the 2964 build from
yesteray.

...and that's about it.  For those that were there: anything else we
didn't cover or need to highlight here?

Rob