[sldev] [LINUX, PLUGINS] Snowglobe - high load due to Media Plugins

Thickbrick Sleaford thickbrick.sleaford at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 08:05:52 PST 2009

On Friday 13 November 2009 17:30:38 Tayra Dagostino wrote:
> sounf like if unnecessary child of SLPlugin aren't destroyed after
> completed their job.....

I filed a similar bug at http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-318
What I was seeing there was several instances of SLPlugin that only show up
after opening the Search window for the first time, but never go away for as
long as Snowglobe is running. I think those are related to the various web
panels in the Search window (all, showcase, groups, any other?)

However, I think SNOW-318 is pretty benign, but that in your case it combines
with a bug in SLPlugin that makes it hog the CPU. In my case, the SLPlugin
instances didn't take any noticeable amount of CPU time after the initial load
of the page they were showing was done.

--
Thickbrick