[sldev] Snowglobe 1.2 RC 4

Morgaine morgaine.dinova at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 21 01:44:49 PST 2009

The crashing of plugins in RC4 is sufficiently frequent on Linux that I
suggest replacing the highly annoying modal dialog popup with a simple
notification of the event to the console.  The grabbing of focus is an
extremely unfriendly (and unnecessary) misfeature here.

Further afield, there's a good argument for abolishing all modal dialogs
altogether, but in this particular case modality doesn't even have an *
alleged* purpose.  It should be removed. :-)

Morgaine.