[sldev] Missing IMG_DEFAULT (was: Fwd: New Snowglobe Test Build with media plug ins!)

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Sun Oct 4 18:03:10 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 7:29 AM, Boroondas Gupte
<sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch>wrote:

> Arabella Steadham schrieb:
> > [...] Also, the worst crash rate for me personally that I have had for
> > two years. [...]
> Apropos crash rate: Current snowglobe trunk doesn't seem to include
> Merov's workaround from
> http://jira.secondlife.com/secure/attachment/29625/tempHackImgDefault.patch
> , which reduces crashes significantly. Maybe that one's missing from the
> binary downloads, too?

Does it reduce the crash rate significantly really? I'm glad to hear that
for sure, but, if you have any data supporting that claim, would you mind
sharing them? I'd love it to be real but that sounds too good to be true...

Otherwise, you're right: the committed patch didn't not include that hack
because, well, that's a hack really. What I did though was to create a new
image in the skins/default/textures in the internal branch but that branch
was not built yet when I created the binary and so I didn't have the
exported artwork to build Snowglobe. I'll get that in in the next build.

What I did do also was to verify that we have all the media_*.png present
and I suppressed in the textures.xml (which is used to preload UI textures)
a reference to a file that didn't exist anymore (which may explain why Aimee
saw the problem though she had all the media_*.png files in her textures
folder). Of course, that doesn't prevent IMG_DEFAULT to be fetched sometimes
for textures that are truly missing from a region for instance.

Cheers,
- Merov