[sldev] New Snowglobe Test Build with media plug ins!

Thickbrick Sleaford thickbrick.sleaford at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 07:48:21 PDT 2009

On Sunday 04 October 2009 19:00:54 Tayra Dagostino wrote:
> i've a problem with audio stream: no audio!!!
>
> 2009-10-04T16:59:26Z WARNING:
> LLViewerMediaImpl::newSourceFromMediaType: Couldn't find plugin for
> media type audio/mpeg
>

> this is the opnly message i can get from debug console, anyone seen
> something like this?

I'm seeing this too, on Linux. For some reason there's no <impl> defined for
all the audio types in skins/default/xui/en-us/mime_types.xml

Adding this for the audio/mpeg mimetype (around line 248) lets me play mp3
streams in parcel radio:
<impl>
	media_plugin_quicktime
</impl>

I thought there would be a default impl/plugin for each mime family (audio/*,
video/*, etc.), but there doesn't seem to be one. Maybe
LLMIMETypes::implType() should look for foo/* if it doesn't find an
implementation for foo/bar ?

Also there's the problem of the music Play button being disabled unless a
media stream is already playing.

--
Thickbrick