[sldev] 3rd party viewer policy post on blogs.secondlife.com

Zabb65 zabb65 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 18:12:17 PDT 2009

I apologize for my originally harsh tone. I'm rather upset with how this is
playing out. Emerald has nothing to do with the other two items listed for
functionality that is at odds with their CS and/or ToS, and I don't support
the other two items in any way.

The quote from the email is as follows:
"In the past we have been happy to allow development to proceed on all
viewer projects, but recently some functionality has been developed that is
at odds with our Community
Standards<http://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php>and Terms
of Service <http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php>.  Some of this
functionality includes the ability to encrypt chat, copy content in
violation of the creator’s intent, and collect user data without clear
disclosure.  To help our residents and viewer developers, we are creating a
viewer registry that will allow developers to register viewers with us that
comply with our guidelines and Terms of Service.  Viewers that do not comply
may not be registered."