[sldev] [POLICY] Preaching to the choir (was: 3rd party viewer policy post on blogs.secondlife.com)

Ann Otoole missannotoole at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 22 19:21:23 PDT 2009

Sage advice Rob.

The worst thing anyone can do is participate in political or ideological arguments. I am absolutely certain I am not the only one that immediately deletes an email of a post from that comment stream the instant I see any hint of politics or ideology in the content. (Hint: as for the Emerald OTR IM thing if LL has a legal basis for that call then no amount of screaming and insult hurling will have any effect whatsoever. Screaming into a hurricane is pointless unless you like the taste of rain.)

I further and strongly recommend if you want your opinion heard then state it once and without emotion and in a concise unambiguous plain english manner and do so in the first 2 or 3 pages of comments. This means you need to be watching the blog like a hawk if SL is important to you. Yes this means it sounds like arbitrary limits on input but I think this current issue and the endless argument over adult content policies that took place to exactly zero avail serve as prima facia evidence as to why I made that statement.