[sldev] Tip of the iceberg...

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 05:05:26 PDT 2009

On 2009-08-31, at 08:53, Lawson English wrote:
> Certainly possible with Squeak smalltalk since you can direct the
> rendering to an offscreen buffer if you want. Unfortunately, I'm not
> so hep on how to take the shared buffer created by the SL plugin
> and pass it on to the squeak-side plugin. I guess just pass the
> address in with a POST to the localhost URL

It should be possible with arbitrary programs. In OS X and Linux, at
least, it shouldn't be that hard to project the rendered output from
any arbitrary program onto an OpenGL texture. I don't know Windows
that well, but I suspect that it's also possible there.

Restricting it to a specific language, runtime, or API is a lot less
interesting.