[sldev] SnowGlobe and copybots

Ann Otoole missannotoole at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 07:50:46 PDT 2009

I watched someone using cryolife cruise around in my parcel this morning where that account was banned so honestly I think LL has much bigger fish to fry. Stealing a pair of eshoes is nothing compared to the access control system being compromised. Yes there is a pjira defect open on it. http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-4632

Honestly it is looking like the only solution is a bot that teleports home anyone not using an LL compiled viewer. And that still won't get them all. But if it is deployed to most of Second Lifethen it might send a clear message to Linden Lab they need to deal with the problem. Or will LL begin banning people for defending themselves from these hacked third party viewers? Is it against the TOS to deny access to non LL compiled viewers?