[sldev] How do I print debug messages when compiling/running source code?

izze euler izzee at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Sep 16 06:38:28 PDT 2009

I still can't see any of my debug messages. Where are they displayed? In Visual C++, or in SL Console Window?

Izze

Subject: Re: [sldev] How do I print debug messages when compiling/running source code?
From: hassan at riversrunred.com
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:50:33 +0100
CC: sldev at lists.secondlife.com
To: izzee at hotmail.co.uk

Hello
Try std::cerr instead of std::cout.
Works for me but I'm on Mac XCode.

On 16 Sep 2009, at 13:46, izze euler wrote:Hi,

I want to add some debug messages to the source code, so that I can see what the code is doing and where it is going wrong.

I am using

std::cout << "Debug message here" << std::endl;

but, where is the output going in Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. I have "show output from debug" section on the window, but my messages are not being displayed there. I'm not very familiar with C++. Am I using the right output?

Kind Regards,
Izze

Have more than one Hotmail account? Link them together to easily access both._______________________________________________
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev

-- Hassan Chahrour  |  Head of Technology
hassan at riversrunred.com  |   +44 (0) 207 739 7505http://riversrunred.com  |  http://immersivespaces.com
Rivers Run Red - the immersive space company™Rivers Run Red Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 4906911