[sldev] SNOW-222 : pluginapi in Snowglobe patch ready!

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Fri Sep 18 22:45:29 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Philippe (Merov) Bossut <
merov at lindenlab.com> wrote:

> For those who are compiling from source on Windows, I had problems getting
> the quicktime plugin to work correctly. Deleting the resulting
> media_plugin_quicktime.dll and rebuilding did, mysteriously, worked for
> me... Anyone else tried? I'd be interested by the result.

Silly me, I retraced the steps who lead to a correct compilation back in my
head and I think those 2 are the key ones:
- install the quicktime include and qtmlClient lib as described in :
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_the_viewer_%28MSVS2005%29#Quicktime
- rebuild the media_plugin_quicktime.dll

With all the tests and changes I did in the afternoon to track the flaw, I
did those 2 things at very different moments and didn't add them up
together. I'm not in front of my Windows machine right now but I bet that's
what this mystery was all about.

All the same, others to build and confirm that the patch is workable
(especially on Linux) very much welcome.

Cheers,
- Merov