[sldev] SNOW-222 : request before committing the patch

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Wed Sep 23 10:57:12 PDT 2009

Hi guys,

So, there's this big monster of a patch I posted on PJIRA since a week now.
Thanks a millions to those who tested it and reported issues (incorporating
fixes now). In the meantime, I've been working on a "Hello World" plugin
example so that I can contribute to a first draft of a "How to write a
plugin" doc and get some of you guys to start hacking.

I'm happy to report that I do have such a plugin working on my machine
(yeah!) and, of course, that got me some new ideas on how to improve things,
develop new plug ins, extend the plugin architecture, etc... all things I
can't do while the big patch hasn't been committed.

Add to that that I need to svn update my local repo and tweak that patch
every time a commit is done on trunk and you'll understand why I'm eager to
see this landing.

So, what else do we need to commit this? I heard that we need more tests but
it seems we don't get any significant amount of tests unless we land in
trunk and produce binaries... which really makes me think I should commit
this before Friday so we can make the 1.2 schedule Robla emailed earlier.
What do you guys think? Is there one think that we need to do before that
first commit?

One last note : the bulk of this code has been tested and qualified
internally already so it's not completely untested code. That makes me a
little more confident with the process.

Cheers,
- Merov