[sldev] SNOW-222 : request before committing the patch

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Sun Sep 27 00:56:15 PDT 2009

Hi,

I spent the best part of the afternoon tracking that vexing Mac problem and,
as expected, that's a silly issue: the export script didn't export the new
media UI textures. Those being loaded at launch would hose the texture
skins/default/textures folder solve the problem. I attached a zip file
containing the missing textures in the JIRA. Snowglobe Mac devs, thanks in
advance for your test and confirmation (or not) of the fix.

This bug however points to another more concerning issue: when files fail to
load, the file descriptors don't seem to be released and/or the fetch
workers don't close properly. I haven't identified which yet but that's
something that could explain quite a bit of spurious "gray texture" issues
that have been reported here and there.

Going to bed now :)

Cheers,
- Merov