[sldev] [VIEWER] crash on teleport or parcel crossing

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Mon Sep 28 04:03:02 PDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 03:00:35PM -0400, Anna Gulaev wrote:
> This turned out to be my name cache observer. LL has moved from c_strings to
> strings in a number of places since I wrote it.

If you report a bug, you should always use the (latest) source code of
the people you report the bug to, and not have applied patches that you
don't tell them about :/

Also, removing code because you crash there is never ever ever
the right thing. The correct thing would have been to compile
the viewer yourself with debug support (no optimization and with
debugging symbols) and then run it inside a debugger; otherwise
any "backtrace" is often useless or even nonsense.

Adding debug output, as you did, is a good technique too.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>