[sldev] SNOW-253: Put translation pref in "Local Chat" floater

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Mon Sep 28 14:36:22 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

This is a patch review request for SNOW-253, for putting the translation
pref in the "Local Chat" floater:
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-253

As the feature currently exists, it's buried where most people won't find
it, and it's a pain to toggle on and off.  We also need to give credit where
it's due (to Google).  So, the solution is to put the pref right there in
"Local Chat".  I put a screenshot in JIRA:
http://jira.secondlife.com/secure/attachment/29548/translatepref.png

The patch is here:
http://jira.secondlife.com/secure/attachment/29624/translate-chat.patch

I've not translated the pref text itself to any other language, but I did
check that the pref is still present and works when I switch languages.  The
reason for the gap between the "Show Muted Text" and the new pref is to
leave room for the German counterpart ("Stummgeschalteten Text anzeigen")

Lemme know if this is ready to check in.

Thanks
Rob