[sldev] Maybe I'm making progress

Laurence Brickner brickrte at odyssey.net
Tue Jan 5 09:10:48 PST 2010

Follow up.  Well I'm back to successful compiles and launching again but
still have the original problem of  massive LNK4099 warnings (mostly about
the APR-1 library) which prevents me from setting breakpoints etc. in the
affected sub projects.  They default to linking as no debug.

Again, I'm using XP pro.  VS2005 Enterprise fully installed (All updates on
Auto).  VS2008 is also installed but not used.

After extracting the zips to C:\SnowGlobe I ran develop.py -G VC80 from the
console while in indra\newview.  Seemed to work fine.  (Got lots of CMAKE
passing messages).  Next I ran develop.py build the same way.  All using
python 2.6.

After all that, I opened VS2005 and opened the solution.  Been working in
the ide ever since. (about 4 days).  Eventually now have fought my way back
to that original problem.

Thanks,

Larry