[sldev] Local textures for fast editing; was: SL 2.0?

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Sat Jan 16 11:59:59 PST 2010

VNC can have lots of options, depending on how its implemented. Aimee's
demo shows a full Mac OS X desktop on a prim.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtHO4AtVSwc

There are also variations that only show one active window.

The way squeak VNC works, it shows the entire squeak "desktop" but it
should be possible to only show one window. For lectures in SL, it
should be possible to also stream the window to a quicktime streaming
server  so the audience can watch and not control your desktop.

But all this is speculation so far, as far as SL is concerned, Aimee
hasn't released her VNC plugin and I'm hardly 10% of hte way towards a
squeak equivalent.

Lawson