[sldev] Mouse on 3D object

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Mon Jan 25 23:11:02 PST 2010

Ryan McDougall wrote:
> I think he's asking if there is any projection function that would
> automatically convert screen coordinates to local prim coordinates.
>
> Cheers,

I suspect that the viewer functions that help the LSL touch functions do
this. Probably the control widgets for builders have much the same
functionality (if they are not the same st of functions underneath it
all). The Pupetteering code definitely could track the mouse on the
avatar and render control widgets but I don't know how accurate it is.

The media plugin SDK has a way of tracking mouse movements along a prim,
but I'm not sure if its working yet or not.

What he wants to do is certainly doable but I'm not sure how (yet).

Lawson