[opensource-dev] Viewers in the directory are being impersonated already

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Mon Apr 12 13:33:28 PDT 2010

Today I heard that there's already a proxy available that makes a viewer
appear to be one of those in the directory of officially approved third party
viewers. It also randomizes the MAC. I'd rather not link to it, but it's not
hard to find.

So, I wonder, what now? Does LL have some way of telling for sure when a
viewer is presenting itself as another? Or will Legolas, Kurz and KirstenLee
end up having annoying discussions with somebody from LL on this subject, or
maybe even getting banned?

Of course maybe this will be ignored entirely, users who abuse things like
these will be banned and the developers will continue as before, but then what
was the point?