[opensource-dev] Requesting Linden Response: Please move TPVPTopics to a different mailing list

Gareth Nelson gareth at garethnelson.com
Thu Apr 15 18:09:01 PDT 2010

Don't go giving LL's lawyers ideas............

Seriously, I would not be surprised to find the "IANALP" come out
next, complete with Joe talking about it inworld on voice only

"So, we're here to see how to move forward with people who want to
read any of our policies and dare interpret them - this should not be
allowed, so from now on only registered lawyers can have an SL
account"

No offence Joe - you're a cool guy doing a hard job :)

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 1:13 AM, Brent Tubbs <brent.tubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good idea!  We could even have a directory of people qualified to talk about
> it who give their RL info so that people show up front which commenters are
> trustworthy.  Any votes for writing this up as the Commenting on the Third
> Party Viewer Policy Policy, or COTTPVPP?
> /snark :)
> Brent
>
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 4:32 PM, Dahlia Trimble <dahliatrimble at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I also would be interested in seeing those freely offering their legal
>> advice on this list also describing their qualifications to do so and in
>> which jurisdictions they are licensed to practice law. If not, then please
>> add a "IANAL" or other suitable disclaimer, or mention to what level you
>> would be willing to be responsible for the misfortunes that may happen from
>> others who may take your advice.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Joel Foner <joel.foner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I wonder if anyone has an easy way to calculate the actual signal (os-dev
>>> posts) to noise (legal posts) ratio on this list over, let's say the last 30
>>> days. It's getting hard to recall when the last actual os-dev discussion
>>> happened. Maybe I'm just missing it.
>>> Back to my regularly scheduled programming, as it were.
>>> Joel
>>> Policies and (un)subscribe information available here:
>>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/OpenSource-Dev
>>> Please read the policies before posting to keep unmoderated posting
>>> privileges

>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/OpenSource-Dev
>> Please read the policies before posting to keep unmoderated posting
>> privileges

“Lanie, I’m going to print more printers. Lots more printers. One for
everyone. That’s worth going to jail for. That’s worth anything.” -
Printcrime by Cory Doctrow