[opensource-dev] Steps For Uploading a Modification

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 00:30:46 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 1:48 AM, WolfPup Lowenhar
<wolfpup67 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I have just finished a modification to the way chat log files are named and
> would like to see what the rest of you thing and help me test it out. I do
> not know the process for doing this and hope you can help me out. The
> modification only
>
> Affects one file so it should be useable across all platforms.

Hi Wolf,

Open a JIRA against the SNOW project and set the Issue Type to either
New Feature or Bug, depending if you are adding a new feature or
fixing an existing problem.

Write a short description of what you are chaning/why in the description box

Set the component to the closest match to what you are
changing/adding/fixing , in your case Chat/IM/ might be a good one.
The EAffects version box is more fucused for bugs, but i guess this
would also be the version that the patch adds a new feature for as
well.

Environment, this should probably be ALL for a new feature for all
platforms, usualy more important for bug reports where a specific
combination of operating system etc affects the reproducibility of
bugs.

The attach your changes as a unified diff/patch file. If you are using
svn you can generate the diffs directly, certainly on windows
TortoiseSVN has a generate patch option that grabs all changes and
creates a diff. Have a scan through the diff before you upload to make
sure it only contains your changes and no other left over white space
changes, or any build workarounds you have on your system etc.

Then submit that, and give people the SNOW-xxx number if you would
like them to look at it and give feedback

Regards

Robin