No subject

Wed Apr 28 21:25:55 PDT 2010

commingled, complicating client-side customization of the presentation.

It may be possible to scrape out data, but unmanaged minor server-side
adjustments to the presentation page may break scraping activity suddenly
without warning. For an example of this, one can look at the number of times
LSL scripts which display profile pictures by scraping UUID's from web
lookups have been broken over the last few years.

I'm hoping that LL can clarify which interface a community developer can use
to request and retreive this web-based data, particularly for avatar profile
page information, that will not be prone to casual breakage after a third
party viewer has been released.

Thanks, and my apologies if the answer for this is someplace obvious I've
overlooked.

--0015175cd0c454bc66049b445a32

This is an open question I've tried to ask at a few different linden of=
fice hours, but haven&#39;t yet received a response one way or the other.<b=
r><br>There&#39;s a couple different viewer UI elements now in the pipeline=
 that are effectively full web pages- the search window, and now the profil=
e window. It seems like there is more to come.<br>
for particular audiences, can LL clarify a best practice for working with t=
hese elements?<br><br>From a glance it appears that the presentation info a=
nd data model are commingled, complicating client-side customization of the=
 presentation. <br>
adjustments to the presentation page may break scraping activity suddenly w=
ithout warning. For an example of this, one can look at the number of times=
 LSL scripts which display profile pictures by scraping UUID&#39;s from web=
 lookups have been broken over the last few years.<br>
r can use to request and retreive this web-based data, particularly for ava=
tar profile page information, that will not be prone to casual breakage aft=
er a third party viewer has been released.<br>

--0015175cd0c454bc66049b445a32--