[opensource-dev] display names = the end of 1.x viewers?

Aimee Linden aimee at lindenlab.com
Tue Aug 17 16:42:15 PDT 2010

No, that's not the case, display names are not returned to the existing LSL functions. Your existing account will always be seen as Andromeda Quonset to existing scripts no matter what you change your display name to.

New LSL calls used to return display names to new scripts equally will not be a problem for older viewers either, what viewer you are running makes no difference to a script which is running on the server.

Aimee.