[opensource-dev] Snowstorm, JIRA and versions

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Tue Aug 17 17:00:37 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm looking at my backlog of SNOW bugs and I'm really missing right now a
"Snowstorm x.x" version in the "Fixed revision(s)" field. Especially after
this afternoon meeting where everyone agreed to work off Snowstorm only and
let SG2.x dies. For instance, there a JIRA issue (
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-646) that we discussed with WolfPup
on IRC that would be great to add to the Snowstorm backlog.

Anyway, it's easy enough to add but we need to agree on what to add and a
couple of other things:
* SNOW product: I think I read somewhere that we will be using VWR and not
SNOW for Snowstorm bugs. Correct? (I'm fine with it... just asking for
clarification...). If correct, I'll start moving JIRAs from SNOW to VWR when
I see fit.
* Affect versions: either way, how do we identify versions now? For
instance, issues in the current lindenlab/viewer-development repo should be
marked as what? I suppose "Viewer 2.1.1"...
* Fixed versions: this is trickier, as we're moving with a bi monthly
release schedule, we're going to increment that number quite fast. Again,
fine with me but we need to create "Viewer 2.1.2" and a couple of others as
well as a "Viewer 2.x" to park issues that are not on the backlog at all.

Apologies if this is described already somewhere and I missed it.

Cheers,
- Merov